OwnReality_Database and Research Tool
Database and Research Tool
An index of people’s names and a series of keywords (column on the left) allow a detailed search to be made on all the contents of the project “OwnReality. To Each His Own”:
- 2560 articles published in 19 French, Polish, West and East German art journals (see search criteria “Journal”);
- 1478 exhibitions held between 1960 and 1989 in the four countries;
- 16 interviews with artists, art critics, gallerists and museum curators in France, Germany and Poland;
- 16 journals described in summary presentations that analyse their history and publishing philosophy, as well as how they deal with the art of the other three countries and the notions of the real, reality and realism;
- 31 case studies written by international art historians about the importance of the notions of the real and reality in the art debates and relations between East and West.
The search tool and its keywords are available in French, German and English (choose the desired language on the right). The different contents have been systematically translated into a second language.
The project “OwnReality. To Each His Own Reality. The notion of the real in the fine arts of France, West Germany, East Germany and Poland between 1960 and 1989” has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 263560.